52 Selborne Road, Ilford

52 Selborne Road was the home of the William Henry Morgan and his extended family between 1928 and 1950. It was just around the corner from 129 Empress Avenue, where the family had lived from about 1914 until 1928. 

52 Selborne Road Ilford in about 1928 - Donald Morgan is at the window

52 Selborne Road Ilford in about 1928 – Donald Morgan is at the window

The house still stands today. Most of the photos we have date from the 1930’s and were taken by Donald Morgan, who as a boy experimented with taking and developing photos. The house was sold some time after the death of Emma Ida Morgan in 1950. This allowed both her children to purchase properties respectively in Trinty Road, Barkingside and Elmbridge Drive in Ruislip.