Beacon Lodge Photos, 1920s

Here is a collection of 1920s photos from Mary Downing‘s album “Beacon Lodge & Surroundings”. After the First World War the Beacon remained a shooting lodge for William Edmund Downing. But more pictures of picnics and walks suggest that it also became a regular place to visit for Noel and Molly Downing and their young family until 1939.

W.E., Noel (third left), Molly and Mary Downing. Beacon Lodge, 1920's

W.E., Noel (third left), Molly and Mary Downing. Beacon Lodge, 1920’s

Last updated on 5 July 2019 by E Morgan